Wednesday, September 20, 2006

I'm the Eighth Dwarf, Pissy

After spending the entirety of yesterday answering emails and going to meetings, in which I utterly distinguished myself by being unable to control my facial expressions (oh, I just can't help it. you know how some meetings play out like roosters strutting in a barnyard? Let's face it, people, none of us have any real power, so fighting for dominance among department chairs is just a silly, silly practice.), I watched the film I had assigned for class discussion today, and fell into bed, trying desperately to enumerate the billions of things I have to get done today.

Why, why do I design days so that I go from class to meeting, meeting to class, class to meeting? Why?

So that tomorrow, I can stay home and do nothing but answer emails, that's why.

Oh, but I do have a haircut from the pop-culture loving fetus to look forward to. That's something. [Can anyone give me a crib sheet on this season of Nip/Tuck?]

Til tomorrow, my little chickens...

2 Comments:

Blogger Cup said...

Meetings: The bain of my existence. I have no patience for posturing and preening ... unless you're sporting a fabulous necklace. I try to keep mine at 15 minutes or less. My heart goes out to you.

Thursday, September 21, 2006 12:36:00 PM  
Blogger kfluff said...

Yes! Jewelry gives us something else to think about at those dreadful meetings. As do new shoes, sweaters--hell, even new pens!

Saturday, September 23, 2006 10:08:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home