Sunday, September 17, 2006

Run(way), Don't Walk

In trying to schedule a ten-person meeting, my usual means of working out an acceptable time for all is simply to ask people for an email stating their availability. And when only two of ten do? Yup, I look up eight different teaching schedules, posted across six departments. After making a spreadsheet to calculate a single time block available to all, I was tempted to write the following message:
Bitches! The time you may meet with me is as follows!
The rather aggressive phrasing you can almost certainly attribute to my spending the afternoon blowing off grading by reading this. Holy couture, Project Runway fans--those gay boys can blog!!

I urge you to run to their blog, posthaste, for gems like these:
[On Catherine Malandrino]: "The only way this picture could possibly look any more French is if Catherine Deneuve popped out of a giant croissant dressed like Edith Piaf singing La Marseillaise."

[On Tim Gunn's responses to Kayne's "couture" dress]: "Oh, Tim. Say 'visible boning' again. It makes us weak."

Oh my. Water out the nose for one and all.

2 Comments:

Blogger Cup said...

Thank you! I love it!!!

And I think you should have used the bitches line ...

Tuesday, September 19, 2006 3:25:00 PM  
Blogger kfluff said...

Hey there, Jae Ran! We welcome all--but particularly Project Runway whores (bitches also entirely acceptable).

Glad it's working for you too, Beth!

Wednesday, September 20, 2006 8:31:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home