Friday, September 08, 2006

Utter Joy

This is really one of those "oracle of the obvious" posts, so I'll keep it short. Suffice to say that it's Friday night, and I have rarely, rarely, been so happy to retire into the ample bosom of the weekend. I'm going to settle in with my now sadly-outdated issue of Elle (the one with LiLo on the cover, looking very Ann Margret. Damn it, LiLo, I know that I broke up with you, but I can't help loving a girl in a marabou coat. I'm just a fool for feathers).

My mind-blowing task for this evening? Trying to understand the use and abuse of "volume" in fall fashion. And maybe paint my nails.

Oh, the hard hard life of an overworked academic!

Be safe out there, y'all.

2 Comments:

Blogger Cup said...

I love those kinds of Friday nights. Sadly, haven't had one in weeks. And, yes, I'm now so old that I use "sadly" to describe having plans on Friday night instead of vegging with take-out Thai and "The Soup."

Sunday, September 10, 2006 11:22:00 AM  
Blogger kfluff said...

Hmmm, and Thai food would go so well with Lindsay's photo spread...

Hang in there, Beth. All of those Friday party plans can take their toll, even on the champion drinker that you are! (I'm still so jealous...)

Sunday, September 10, 2006 3:14:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home