Sunday, January 14, 2007

Somebody Shoe-t Me

Classes begin on Tuesday, and I'm still--to no one's surprise, I'm sure--working on my syllabi. I tend to function under the delusion that if I simply design the perfect syllabus, then my class will go smoothly with nary a speed-bump. Experience dictates that instead, the dynamics and sway of the class, along with other responsibilities, wreck all of that by about week 6, but I maintain the fantasy regardless. So what's a girl to do when working and trying to maintain a fantasy? Revel in shoes, of course!

Below are pictures of my new boots (oh so necessary now that the Northeast has actually decided to have a winter. Damn El Nino and global climate change!). But I'm not stopping there. I'm also giving you shots of my dear Frenchie F's new purchases, so that all of us can live vicariously through her.

Normally, I'd offer you ginsu knives at this point as well, but I'm too busy with syllabi...


Hee. Perfect with skirts, no? Now on to Frenchie's footwear (far more exciting).

That's full on leopard, people. Booyah!

She insists that these are red, although they look pink in the pic. Nevertheless, how cute are they?!!

I should have just started a shoe blog. But Manolo was already in business, and "Kulturshoe" just didn't have the same pizazz.

6 Comments:

Blogger Andrea said...

Why is it we only see FrenchieF's feet in your blog? Why does FrenchieF not amuse and bemuse us with her own blog?! And why do we see none of KFluff's own shoes?!?

We sensible shoe wearin' types want answers!!!

Sunday, January 14, 2007 8:56:00 PM  
Blogger FrenchieF said...

Love, love the boots, KFluff. Lee, ma belle, I am seriously consdering the blog. In the meantime, though, KFluff, I am with you on the perfect syllabus obsession. As if you didn't already know that...

Oh, and the shoes are more red than pink, I promise.

Sunday, January 14, 2007 9:48:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been really dying for some leopard-print heels myself, actually. But can I pull it off in the classroom??

Monday, January 15, 2007 12:55:00 AM  
Blogger kfluff said...

Lee--Let's face it, FF has really good feet. I'm happy to spotlight hers instead of mine. If you'd like to send me pics of your new shoes, I'll post 'em!

Frenchie--I took your route and dropped a book from my course. Amazing how much better it looks without an extra 250 pages in there!

Flavia--You can SO pull off the leopard print heels! If it were me, I'd do the all black with the heels. That seems like a rather demure take. I bet you could get much more daring than that!

Monday, January 15, 2007 1:54:00 PM  
Blogger FrenchieF said...

Flavia- I agree with KFluff. I think the key to fancy shoes in the classroom is to pair them with a rather simple outfit. Wear the leopard-print heels with a simple pair of black pants and a plain sweater. One little accent (the shoes) will make the whole outfit pop and won't be too over the top for students.

Tuesday, January 16, 2007 8:13:00 AM  
Blogger kfluff said...

Look who's been watching "What Not to Wear"!!

Tuesday, January 16, 2007 8:55:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home