Thursday, November 08, 2007

When You Know You're in Trouble

  • When it's still dark out when you get up, and you're in Daylight Savings time.
  • When you think to yourself: do I need a cup of coffee before I start grading?
  • When it's 10 a.m. and you're ready for a nap.
  • When you still have two papers to grade, an article to read, and classes to prep in the next 3 hours.
  • When you haven't showered yet.
  • When you woke up formulating arguments against the faculty members who passive-aggressively dismissed your field and blamed it for the downfall of an entire core curriculum requirement during a meeting with the Provost yesterday.
  • When your plan for the weekend is to both catch up on grading AND write an abstract.
  • When your birthday is a week away and you haven't had time to play for it.

Anyone else know she's in trouble?

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh yeah, baby - 3 hours till class, 20 papers to grade. Do I press on in the hopes of powering through, only to fail at the last minute so that I'm fried, underprepared, AND the papers aren't ready to give back? Or do I accept defeat and do something else productive between now and then? (Besides blogging.) I've been grading all morning, and I'm quite sure that on the first few papers I graded, my comments do not make ANY sense. At least my class this afternoon is a duplicate of yesterday's prep, so that's a relief.

But, yeah, I feel your pain.

Thursday, November 08, 2007 2:48:00 PM  
Blogger Andrea said...

I too could comment on the stacks of papers still ungraded. Even though mine differ from yours in that the pages are full of random digits and poorly formed pseudo-logical rationals for why "42 just has to be the answer" the pain is similar. Should I instead comment that moving the clock back an hour returns us to Standard Time and out of Daylight Saving Time? Alas, knowing this does not lessen the darkness in which you awoke.

Thursday, November 08, 2007 11:48:00 PM  
Blogger kfluff said...

New Kid--that dilemma is becoming the story of my life! I don't know what's come over me, but the extent to which I can put off grading, despite the fact that it will make me miserable later, is really becoming an issue. Something akin to shooting myself in the foot.

Lee--I'll happily take the correction. Really! It's Standard Time? So we only save daylight when we have it in abundance? Seems like a misnomer...

Friday, November 09, 2007 8:00:00 AM  
Blogger Ashley said...

I'm in BIG trouble. Remind me to tell you about my asinine assignments this semester sometime, but not now because I'm too busy putting my eyes out with my grading pen.

Also, birthday? Whee! Also, you are not pinging on Bloglines for me. I'm going to have to switch you over to Newsgator.

Wednesday, November 14, 2007 10:38:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home