Tuesday, October 30, 2007

New Rules for Retro Fashion

I knew that it was imperative to sit in jeans before you buy them. I did not know that it was just as important to walk in a pencil skirt before purchasing. Holy crow! I minced my way into work today, and then faced the very very steep stairs leading up to my office. I thought seriously about just taking the skirt off and going up.

(inside head voice) What are the chances that someone would see me? Hell, I'm wearing tights. If someone did walk in, I could just claim that I'm pulling a Sienna Miller. Surely being caught without bottoms is better than breaking my nose trying to get up these stairs?

Needless to say, I ignored that particular temptation, but I think I did hear a seam or two giving as I tried to swivel my knees 45 degrees, like a deranged pigeon, to get to my office.

I suppose the term "hobble skirt" is no joke, right?

In other news, black tights are the girdle of the twenty-first century. I will not go gently into that Spanx night, but I'm not above pulling on ye old Hues to make it work. (Ooh, a Tim Gunn-ism. Who's up for Project Runway in 2 short weeks? Squee. Oh yes, squee indeed.)

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Ashley said...

Heh. Fashion victim :)

Tuesday, October 30, 2007 1:25:00 PM  
Blogger kfluff said...

That's me. In a fancy little nutshell. Which is about the distance of my stride today.

Tuesday, October 30, 2007 6:34:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK, you have to help the west coast lesbian out: what's a pencil skirt? Does it go with my Birks? I'm thinking no.

Thursday, November 01, 2007 8:50:00 PM  
Blogger kfluff said...

Hmmm. Google images is better than me trying to 'splain it, I'm afraid. Think 1940's Lauren Bacall---skirt that gets narrower toward the knee?

Friday, November 02, 2007 10:23:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home