Monday, October 01, 2007

One Hand Tied Behind My Back

Why, why, I ask you, can the stupid gits in my neighborhood not encrypt their wireless? My poor little MacBook is so confused; it's picking up 4 different signals at any given time. It's not that I don't totally groove on watching the little wheel spin while a page loads. Really, it renews my deep connection to the cycles of the earth. It gives me a sense of peace that far exceeds the one I would receive from being able to complete my damn work online. It's only 9:30. I really do have all night, by gum! What would be truly super would be if it were the same neighbor with the child who cries around the clock--the one we often refer to as "McScreamy." If he could manage to interrupt my train of thought AND my wireless connection, he'd be the neighborhood all-star. Hell, if someone could manage to pull a Nancy Kerrigan and bust out one of my knee-caps, we'd have a trifecta of gargantuan proportions.

The real rub, in all of this, is that I've gotten really used to watching YouTube clips in between student blog posts. When the videos won't load, it's just back to back student blog posts. There is no joy in mudville, my friends. None at all. I lay this all at the feet of my neighbors, damn it. And in the meantime, get the sick girl more cold medicine!

Thus endeth the rant. Back soon with far less crankiness.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Sisyphus said...

Ha! I love it when you're snarky --- you almost made me spit out my wine! (course, if you were finishing off a lovely bottle (instead of, say, cold medicine), perhaps you wouldn't feel the need to rage --- and then how would I be entertained? Oh, the sufferings we suffer for art!

Monday, October 01, 2007 11:34:00 PM  
Blogger Ashley said...

My MacBook? She just bricked. Count your rainbow-wheeled blessings.

Except for the part about the screaming kid. I'll take a fried computer over a screaming baby any day of the week.

Tuesday, October 02, 2007 7:04:00 AM  
Blogger kfluff said...

Ah yes, I'm suffering for art! Why am I not drinking?

I tell you what, if my computer exploded, I'd be drinking buckets. That's all I'm saying.

McScreamy, however, is not something I'd wish on my worst enemy.

Tuesday, October 02, 2007 9:31:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home