Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Suckfest

My parents are visiting.
I'm only half-way through a pile of papers that I have to return to students at 1 today.
I'm being observed in my afternoon class.
The barometer has dropped, leaving me with the requisite headache.
It's raining.
I have no groceries in the fridge.
I'm conferencing with students later in the week. Do I schedule half for Friday, to get them out of the way, or do I bump them to Monday, so I have a day to recover?
The polish on my toenails is chipped and quite scrofulous.

This list could go on and on, but you get the point. Welcome to the suck.

Back in a day or two, with characteristic, renewed vim and vigor.

Hah.

E.T.A: Now the mother-biting email server is down. WTF!!! And I can't even decide whether this is good, because it gives me a much needed excuse, or whether it's bad, because it means that I can't finish student papers until I can get access to them. Six of one?

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Cup said...

I hate The Week of the Suck. I recommend wine — glasses and glasses of wine.

Tuesday, October 23, 2007 6:54:00 PM  
Blogger Sisyphus said...

Ah, good luck with the suck!

Visitors + no food in the fridge? My solution is to go out to eat a lot.

Tuesday, October 23, 2007 9:01:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Me 2, K Fluff. I've got visitors ('rents and in-laws) coming on Friday for bébé's b-day celebration & no time to prepare. Dealing with cheating students, irate parents, irresponsible students, needy colleagues, and did I mention in-laws coming on Friday?

But I did wear my boots today, which allowed me to open up a serious can of whoop ass on some bleepity-bleep cheaters.

Wednesday, October 24, 2007 10:00:00 PM  
Blogger kfluff said...

Thanks for all of the good advice, y'all! Indeed, much eating out and wine-drinking did occur (which greatly assisted in the entertaining of the parents!). Let's hope that FrenchieF is taking all of that same advice...

Saturday, October 27, 2007 3:05:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home