Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Undergarment-Related Mishap

It's somehow warm enough today that I can wear a dress without tights. Hooray! Or so I thought. Obviously, I've never attempted this particular combination of wool dress/microfiber underwear before, or I would have known better. Somewhat akin to the combination of bleach and ammonia, these two have decided to hang onto each other and try to kill me---death via wedgie. Every three steps seems to lodge the latter firmly in my ass. This is what German friends used to call A.E.U.: ass eats underwear.

I have to teach in two hours, and I find myself with the following dilemma: I could suck it up (since that's what my nether regions have decided to do), and go to class, and be distracted by the urge to yank on my undies for the three hour discussion. Or, I could simply take them off. Anyone ever taught commando? I have to imagine that it's pretty distracting in and of itself, and I have distinct and colorful day-mares about falling and showing my class the full monty. Which, of course, is what they would think I do all the time, and then I would be known as the panty-less professor.

Ah, decisions, decisions. Stay tuned, next week, for more AEU tales!

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Sisyphus said...

Ha!!!!!!

You make my day.

Tuesday, February 05, 2008 7:12:00 PM  
Blogger ~profgrrrrl~ said...

Oh, I hate fabric wars!

Tuesday, February 05, 2008 7:41:00 PM  
Blogger Frenchie Foo said...

I totally sympathize. I recently had a similar issue involving a nasty panty line. I taught almost the entire class at an angle. Not an easy feat for someone who is putting verb paradigms on the board.

Tuesday, February 05, 2008 9:22:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You give a new definition to Super Tuesday.

Tuesday, February 05, 2008 11:41:00 PM  
Blogger Ashley said...

You've already made your decision, obviously, but I will nonetheless horrify you with my true tale of my advisor, who infamously taught nearly an entire class sitting on her desk in a shortish skirt with her legs apart--sans panties. DO NOT BE THAT PERSON.

Sunday, February 10, 2008 7:01:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home