Saturday, January 26, 2008

Wakka Wakka

Of the many things on my now-defunct Christmas list, fleece generally resides at the top. It's cold in them here parts, and it just seems that there's never enough fleece to go around, and what there is is of the type that requires three shirts underneath it to make it work. [This could also be due to the fact that we keep it at a frosty 60 degrees in the house, and the thermostat is located in the warmest room...]

So, when I found this fleece top at Athleta pre-Christmas, I thought I'd hit the mother lode:It was super fuzzy, it looked warm, and since I tend to wear a scarf in the house (see note about indoor temperature above) that big ol' collar looked as if it would do the trick. So I added it to the Christmas list, Mom came through, and I waited for it to arrive. Apparently, the thing was on back order, so I waited through Christmas, the New Year, and lo and behold, it arrived yesterday! Hooray! I snatched it from the UPS guy, ripped open the package, and charged upstairs to try it on. Holy crap is this thing soft! Warm! Love!

Once I had it on and zipped up, I modeled it for my better half. "Feel!" says I. "Soft! Warm!" And then I made the classic blunder. Never ever introduce the idea: "Of course, it feels a bit like a muppet...."

That was it. Every time I put it on, I'm now plagued by questions. Am I ready to make dinner, or am I too busy rotating my ears around? Don't I need to wear a little hat with that sweater? Do I have any dumb jokes that I want to tell? Yes folks, my new favorite sweater, apparently makes me look like this lovable creature from our childhoods:

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Frenchie Foo said...

I am all for a good muppet sweater. My preference has, of course, always been for the purple Miss Piggy pumps. However, in a 60 degree indoor clime I would take Fozzie fuzziness over the Piggy pumps any day.

Monday, January 28, 2008 8:09:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home