Thursday, December 13, 2007

Kajagoogoo Sings My Theme Song

"The Neverending Story"? Anyone remember that little charmer? In truth, before HZ busts me, it's not really Kajagoogoo, but the band's former lead singer, Limahl. So sue me. The point is, dear readers, that this is the semester without end!!

I keep making a list (but not checking it twice), and the list keeps getting longer, not shorter. There's grading to finish for one class, and then there are a set of intership evaluations I need to write. I need to meet with a colleague and a student who is thinking about grad school. There are many, many pages of a student independent study project that needs to be evaluated. I need to fill out a %&*$$!@ assessment form for my ACUN. A woman writing for the college alumni magazine has just sent me a copy of the story she's writing to make sure that she's quoted me correctly. I had a grant meeting yesterday, and the deadline for an abstract for a collaborative article is due Friday. Meanwhile, emails from my own students and from students in the program in general keep trickling in, with questions and course substitutions, etc. Saturday is graduation. Any chances I'll be done by graduation?!!

I'm planning a post for break that talks about my experience with administrative work, now that I'm preparing to hand it off to someone else. When I look at the list above, however, I can see the ways that admin work extends the scope of the semester. Fully half of the tasks above have to do with getting the ACUN bedded down for the holidays. Needless to say that the work to revive it will start just about the time I'm in a panic about writing syllabi for the spring.

According to my theme song,
rhymes that keep their secrets
will unfold behind the clouds
and there beneath the rainbow
is the answer to the neverending story
I have no freaking clue what that means.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger the Truth Hz said...

If there's one thing I would never say about you it's that you're "too shy" hush, hush, I do I [sp?]....so I'm glad to see it's from Limahl existential period;; we'll call it Late Limahl,, from the 3rd and final year of his career. Although, to be fair, he is keepin it real with a release just last year::
http://wc04.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&token=&sql=10:fzftxqwdldhe

Thursday, December 13, 2007 10:18:00 AM  
Blogger kfluff said...

Somehow, I always thought it was "eye to eye." If it is indeed "I to I" then I give Limahl far more credit for his forward thinking ideas about subject to subject love relations...

Thursday, December 13, 2007 11:57:00 AM  
Blogger Frenchie Foo said...

If you need a break, come on over, KFluff --
frenchie-life.blogspot.com

Friday, December 14, 2007 10:00:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home