Monday, August 13, 2007

OMG! *Total * Score!!

So, like, let's say that someone has been coveting a pair of shoes since they came out in late spring. Let's say that those shoes were WAY too expensive for what they were, because they're not the kind of shoes that you can wear every day, or even after this season. (But they're very on trend and incredibly cute.) Let's say that the way one talks oneself out of dropping a bundle on said shoes, every time one sees them at the store and fondles them lovingly as they so deserve, is by telling oneself that really, they are shoes that are only appropriate for 14 year old girls in hot pants. Or Christina Aguilera. Either way, not oneself. One also tells oneself that she is going on the annual outlet trip with Frenchie in a week, and thus there will be no buying, particularly of shoes. Especially of shoes that are only appropriate for 14 year old girls in hot pants, or Xtina Aguilera.

Then let's say that one wanders into a Marshalls and comes face to face with said shoes. Then let's say that it's the summer clearance sale, and that the shoes are 75% off. Then let's say that every other pair of these shoes that Marshalls has in stock is the 2.0 version---the one that lacks the crucial detail that made the shoes irresistible...Except the SINGLE REMAINING PAIR in one's shoe size.

What does one say then? Well, if it's me, she says "ring them up."

Below, the uber-cute shoe. Still only appropriate for 14 year olds and Xtina, but I'm a'wearing them anyway. Maybe with jeans, maybe with a suit. Because that's the kind of girl I am. [You may note that the shoes are perched on the lovely, lovely new sofa. It's the chocolate and peanut butter of my "work? what work? I can just buy pretty things!" fantasy. You know. Just like 14 year old girls and Xtina. But I'll forego the hot pants, even in my fantasy. ]


Labels:

10 Comments:

Blogger Ashley said...

Are you telling me that they took the red away from later versions? Because that's the detail, right? Without the red, these shoes do not even get a second look from me. With the red, I look at them, sigh, and say, "damn, I wish I was short."

Monday, August 13, 2007 7:16:00 PM  
Blogger Flavia said...

Oh my God!! Love love LOVE!

Congrats on your score.

Monday, August 13, 2007 7:58:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know that Xtina and I are so, so proud. This coming from the girl who really always just wanted to be a showgirl. How did I end up in academia?

You can *totally* wear them with jeans or an understated pair of pants -- just that extra little pop to wake your students up.

I can't quite read the inner sole... do tell.

Monday, August 13, 2007 8:41:00 PM  
Blogger kfluff said...

Ooh, thanks for the shoe love. Ashley called it: in the later version, the sole platform and heel are black. Shiny, but black, to match the fabric. WTF?

I'm now going to out myself---they're Madden Girl. Madden GIRL! Again, it's me and the 14 year olds. Sigh.

Monday, August 13, 2007 9:13:00 PM  
Blogger Sisyphus said...

So cuuute! How high is the heel? Are they hard to walk in? Aren't you going to wear some cute little flippy retro skirt with 'em (not quite as ho-ishly retro as the Aquilera cherry poppin' video though)?

I saw a cute b/w houndstooth pair from Madden Girl that I pondered for a moment, but I need brown shoes right now, not black ones.

Monday, August 13, 2007 10:36:00 PM  
Blogger kfluff said...

They are surprisingly walkable. The heel looks higher than it is (ah, the miracle of platforms). Mr. Fluff is pushing for the skirt too, but I think, for me, that combination is too girly. Maybe with a pencil skirt...

Good luck with your search for brown shoes--never an easy object to procure.

Tuesday, August 14, 2007 8:26:00 AM  
Blogger Dr. Medusa said...

Awesome! Awesomeawesomeawesomeness!
Yes--I think pencil skirt and fitted blouse, a la pin-up girl dressed for work, would be glorious with these. Or, you know, you could try them with a black ruched 40s bathing suit, but just for hanging out at home =).

(p.s. If my 14-year-old niece were to try to leave the house in these, I would lock her in her room. And I am the supercool aunt.)

Tuesday, August 14, 2007 9:52:00 AM  
Blogger kfluff said...

Oh, that's just too good! Maybe I'll wear them to the pool at my "gym," which is really a community center populated by old people. I already had to arm wrestle two elderly women using two different lanes to do their silver splash water aerobics in order to be able to swim laps. Perhaps the shoes would make my point more convincingly?

I am not a cool aunt, and I would lock your niece in her room as well. :)

Tuesday, August 14, 2007 10:31:00 AM  
Blogger Cup said...

Fabulous score! Those shoes would also look adorable with a red dress, one with a flirty skirt. The skirt will twirl, the shoes will strut ... and NOBODY with think of Ms. Aguilera.

Wednesday, August 15, 2007 3:29:00 AM  
Blogger kfluff said...

I love how the shoes will strut--on their own. They just might do that--with or without me in them!e

Wednesday, August 15, 2007 2:05:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home