Monday, November 13, 2006

I'm Not Dead

Well, not yet, anyway. I do feel a bit like the walking dead, however. Not the fast ones, in the remake of Dawn of the Dead, but the slow ones, like in Shaun of the Dead. Here's a word of wisdom from me to you: don't go to a conference in the weeks before Thanksgiving. It's suicide.

But it's Monday, and I'm back in the proverbial saddle. I'll bring you some notes and some observations from conference land over the next few days. In the meantime, I'll leave you with a short fashion meditation. It has reached that time of the year when I find myself forced to give up open-toed shoes (sob!) and thin sweaters (sigh!), and take up the onerous task of layering. When I was a child, growing up in a warm climate, I remember mocking articles of clothing like this: You remember these, right? The bodysuit with the attached shirt? HA! I used to think. What kind of jerk can't manage to keep her shirt tucked in? And how does she ever get to the bathroom?

Well, as I tuck myself in for the 50th time this morning, the Spiegel bodysuit is looking pretty good...

2 Comments:

Blogger Cup said...

I could use about 17 of those right now ...

Monday, November 13, 2006 2:23:00 PM  
Blogger jo(e) said...

I was at a conference in Manhattan last week and I had a really terrific time, but this week has been just awful. I feel like an absolute zombie. I am sleepwalking through my classes.

Wednesday, November 15, 2006 10:01:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home