Monday, August 07, 2006

Kneel Before Me, Mere Mortals!

I have been stalking a piece of clothing since the beginning of the summer. Not just any piece of clothing, but this one, specifically:

Note its excellent lines, it's put-together, yet casual vibe. Think how perfect this is for late summer, early fall teaching, when it's still hot like a mo-fo outside. Wear it with a cute little camisole in the hot weather, and a light sweater as fall approaches. Cute with trousers and with jeans. And doubly-cute in navy, instead of this washed out green, no?

I have waited patiently for Ur-Jacket to go on sale, because buying it for full price, from an unnamed-here-because-I-refuse-to-give-them-MORE-publicity, mall-retailer-known for-its-hideous-preppy-qualities, but-which-makes-good-work-clothes, dammit, would be like taking it up the a**, really. I have checked back at the store, thinking it might be on sale sooner than online. It disappeared in the color and size I wanted. It did indeed, finally, go on sale, online, three weeks ago, but only for half off (which is still ludicrous, given what the damn thing is). I hemmed and hawed, but hell, I was going to Europe--did I really need to spend that kind of money on a jacket? When I returned, it was on final sale, still for half-off, and only in pastel-baby-puke colors. (My apologies to all of you whom these colors favor, but they're not for an Asian grrrl like me.) Just as I was beginning to wonder whether it might be worth it to have it in the barf-o-licious colors (no doubt inspired by pre-fall clothing panic), it disappeared altogether.

On a whim tonight, I googled the jacket, and it popped up on some weird, super-secret catalog only wing of the retailer's website. In all colors and sizes. For 75% off (which is good, because that's probably still 3 times what it cost them to make and distribute using child labor). I did not hesitate, I did not stutter. Wrap it up.

I am the self-declared queen of shopping. I am the white witch of internet retail. Look upon my works, ye mighty, and despair.

2 Comments:

Blogger PG said...

Wow - what a style maven!

Monday, August 07, 2006 11:05:00 PM  
Blogger kfluff said...

Many thanks (also for not mercilessly mocking my egomania--it was a moment of pure joy).

come again soon!

Monday, August 07, 2006 11:31:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home