Thursday, July 24, 2008

RBOC, Haters Edition

•If my backyard is any indication, then any second now Morgan Freeman is going to show up and demand that I build a very large wooden conveyance for the animals. Even if he required that I grow the Noah beard, I'd do it, and for two specific reasons: first, I could get Lauren Graham as my wife, and then I could give help her get in a major motion picture that's a hit, which she so richly deserves, because she's super, and we could be the bestest of friends because I too love Amy Sherman-Palladino and can talk really fast. Second, because building a fucking ark is preferable to finishing this god-forsaken article.

•What the crap happened to the bulleted list function in Blogger? Did it disappear? Do I have to hand-code it or something? Screw that!! Although, again, preferable to
finishing aforementioned article.

•Clearly, I need to get writing, and I'm looking for inspiration. So, I've been thinking that upon the increasingly-slim chance that I ever finish, I am going to fully embrace my (not so inner) geek girl and buy this t-shirt, despite the fact that it has cap sleeves, which have the delightful tendency to make my arms look like stuffed sausages:



•You people who write all the time and are super productive? What's your stinkin' secret? And what's the deal with nothing ever being done? I keep finishing stuff, only to have to do revisions. Writing is like No Exit, only with words.

•I really really need to buy an external hard drive and back up my computer, but damn things are expensive. In the Fluff calculus, they're roughly equivalent to a really beautiful pair of fall boots. Who chooses storage over that? The people who don't lose their documents, that's who.

•Dammit. I'm running low on hatin' and thus it must be time to write.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Sisyphus said...

Ooh, a beautiful pair of new boots? What color?

You do know that you can email things to your gmail account and store them online for free that way, don't you?...

Tell me more about these boot ideas...

Thursday, July 24, 2008 10:25:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the hatin' and procrastinatin'!

In my experience, work never ends until suddenly it does. I've never been able to accurately predict or control when a piece of writing would be finished. Deadlines? Whatever. But, you keep working and working and then one day you wake up and realize that the article is finished.

But, a little blogging in the middle is OK too -- a tried and true method.

PS. I want that Sunnydale T!

Friday, July 25, 2008 10:56:00 AM  
Blogger Flavia said...

Okay, I am NO ONE's idea of someone who's super productive. But after procrastinating getting (back) to a writing project for at least a week, I've been quite productive by getting out of the house and parking my ass in a local coffee shop for 4-5 hours. (I've authorized myself to leave earlier than that, if I get through a set amount of text.)

It can be hard to find the right place, but this one's it for me--and I figure that even if I stare into space for 15 minutes at a time, at least I'm not at home, and tempted to start, like, rearranging my closets or something.

Anyway. That's all I got. Good luck!

Friday, July 25, 2008 11:21:00 AM  
Blogger Ashley said...

DUDE. You're going to post that t-shirt and then not link to the source? What, you hate me too?

Friday, July 25, 2008 12:22:00 PM  
Blogger kfluff said...

Ooh, thanks for the suggestions everyone! I notice no one is like: well, first you flagellate yourself, and then you surf for three hours, and then you ponder the notion that you're the worst possible academic in the whole wide world...

What's up with that? Where all my masochists at?

Sisyphus---I've been looking at Bunnyshop too much (see sidebar), but I have a hankering for grey boots. Unconventional, and yet neutral, no? If I can find a pic, I will post (although not in this newfangled gmail account way that you suggest...)

Ashford---bad linker, me. You can google, though, right? Help a sister out? (Also, that shirt may be terminally out of stock, and thus inspiring an Ebay hunt. If'in I find it, I'll let you know...)

Friday, July 25, 2008 12:57:00 PM  
Blogger Ashley said...

Good lord, woman--do youknow how many bad Buffy t-shirts are out there? My google-fu has come to a crashing halt in the face of them. Although if I got this one, it sure wouldn't be a lie.

Sunday, July 27, 2008 2:02:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home