Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Half Way to Fall?!!

We're all starting to talk about it--the 4th of July signals not patriotism and fireworks, but the inevitable creep of summer as it goes past us. Really, it's the moment when summer begins to hurtle along, increasingly filled with the minutiae we need to accomplish in order to prepare for the fall semester.

I'm beginning to make a list of things to do: various administrative tasks and meetings for ACUN; plan courses and order books; prevent bookstore guy from assassinating me because I have yet to turn in my book order; set up online compontents of courses; finish up paperwork from spring initiative, etc., etc., etc. [And I suppose, FINISH M-Fing article should be on there...] Then despair sets in.

What I wouldn't give, then, to spend a day or two in the mindset of my furry familiar, whom Mr. Fluff calls JB (for some reason the cat reminds him of some old Bill Cosby routine. Meh. Before my time). Here's a shot of JB after his dinner yesterday:



Shouldn't we all get to experience this during the summer? At least for a few days?

Wishing all of you a few work-less, stress-less days before the semester begins.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mel said...

Fluff, I love your blog -- glad to find it! The multicultural cooking thing had me laughing out loud, but wondering if I ought to be crying instead.

Thursday, July 06, 2006 1:01:00 AM  
Blogger kfluff said...

Thanks Mel! Laughing is probably the better response, although crying, screaming, and throwing a temper tantrum are all acceptable options in my book.

Thursday, July 06, 2006 11:43:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home