Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Get a Job!

So for weeks, nay months now, I've been whining and complaining about work. "It's too much!" "It's too hard!" "I don't have time to think, or read for pleasure, or do anything I want to do!" [Cue the orchestra of the world's tiniest violins.] So it was with great pleasure and anticipation that I was looking forward to coming to my parents' house. My plans included: eating, sleeping, watching movies, eating, and perhaps some shopping. Then maybe some high-intensity laying around.

So I've been here for three days, and I've done all of the above. I've done the laying around bit at least 4 or 5 times. I finished the new Joshua Ferris book. I've read the paper. I saw the incredibly mediocre Indiana Jones movie (it was my parents' pick, y'all). I've eaten God knows how many 3,000 calorie meals (thus precipitating the laying around).

And now I'm bored.

What's up with that, my friends?!! I thought I'd love this kind of torpor! I'm all about the laziness and the time-wastage and the doing nothing!

But damn, I'm bored. Who knew I'd miss being productive? How is that possible? Yesterday, in fact, I found myself wanting to get home to DO things (work in the yard, get started on my article, etc.).

If y'all see the pod that my real self is stored in, feel free to break me out of it, will you?

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Sisyphus said...

Torpor, mmmm.

(drools)

Tuesday, June 03, 2008 8:09:00 PM  
Blogger Frenchie Foo said...

Can you store up that feeling for 6 months from now? I wish we could bottle boredom and pull it out during the particularly manic moments.

Thursday, June 05, 2008 1:14:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home