Monday, May 19, 2008

Jazz Hands

If you see a crazy woman driving around your city singing at the top of her lungs in her (thankfully) enclosed car, it's probably me. Wave hi, or feel free to join in.

I have no idea what's spurred this, but I've been obsessively listening to a particular pop culture musical all weekend long, and loving it. I put it on repeat while I cooked for some friends and cleaned the bathroom. I warbled along in the car on the way to and from my dentist appointment this morning. I've been singing it to myself for days, trying to remember the lyrics.

It could very well be that I've lost my damn mind, as this is my 18th week of teaching, or some such nonsense like that. [Three more days and counting.] It could also be that I'm atavistically returning to my high school fixations. Don't tell me it never occurred to you that I was a total drama queen in high school. [Only in high school, you ask?] Indeed. Loved the musical theatre, despite the fact that it was totally ridiculous, and if the constituent population was any indication, totally gay. I was, as Tyler Durden reminds us, the all-singing, all-dancing crap of the universe. I even yodeled, you'll be delighted to know.

God only knows what's bringing all of this on. Just be happy that you're not within earshot.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Come on! Don't be a tease! Fess up: which musical has captured your heart?

Tuesday, May 20, 2008 6:47:00 PM  
Blogger kfluff said...

Hee. Well. I would like to say something that has some kind of gravitas, but that would be a lie. It's the damn Buffy musical. Does it count as a musical if it's from a TV show?

Saturday, May 24, 2008 8:50:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home