Friday, May 25, 2007

At Last...

"At last," to quote Etta James, "my love has come along." Summer. Sweet, glorious summer, in which there are things to do but no time table on which to do them. No waking up at 6:30 in the morning in a haze, mainlining coffee, and preparing to go and face students. Which has been every morning of my godforsaken life for the past two weeks. No, my friends, the summer class is now history. Woot!

I basked in lethargy yesterday: went to get a bento box for lunch, took a long and much needed nap, took a long walk, got some ice cream at the local "this stuff will kill you" shop. Ah. I woke up this morning (7:50--that's more like it), read the latest issue of Real Simple, a snippet from the Buffyverse (oh yes, that random obsession has gone nowhere fast). Drank two luxurious cups of coffee, which had a chance to cool slightly before I got to them.

On the docket for today? I've set aside a few hours to progress on my ACUN project (urgh), which is slowly coming together. The yard needs weeding, and laundry needs doing. All of these necessaries are dwarfed, however, by the most pressing concern of all. I leave for a workshop next week, and I NEED NEW CLOTHES, DAMMIT. You know that Twain line about "beware any venture that requires new clothing" (that's a paraphrase. sue me.)? Well, screw you, Samuel. Mama's got to go meet new people and sound smart: wardrobe attention is in order.

I've got zappos.com orders in the hopper, and I might have to take a trip down to the behemoth mall. Because really, what's the worst thing that could happen if the weeds get taller, and the laundry remains unwashed?

Hello, summer.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Tam said...

The thing I like best about summer is that my favorite bloggers have more time to entertain me.

Friday, May 25, 2007 3:13:00 PM  
Blogger kfluff said...

Indeed! I think I'll put that in my tenure file. "Used summers to entertain blog readers."

Monday, May 28, 2007 8:46:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home