Thursday, April 26, 2007

Oh, the Irony

Last night, I graded a student's paper draft, and included a number of comments about how, structurally, he needed to make a clearer, parallel relationship between a certain bald, famous, S&M lovin' theorist and his own ideas.

His email response to me this morning: "I think I did what you suggested in the comments. Can we meet and talk about it?"


Meanwhile, I'm reading the draft of my own paper to Senor Fluff this morning. He makes some comments, which include the fact that I need to make my own intervention into the debate more clear.

My (non-emailed) response to him: "I think I did that! Right here! Let me re-read you the sentence!"

Irony, thy name is I'M NEVER AGAIN GOING TO A PRESENT AT A CONFERENCE AT THE END OF A SEMESTER.

Now get back to your grading, bee-yotches.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Flavia said...

Oh yeahhhh. Been there. A few times.

Thursday, April 26, 2007 5:04:00 PM  
Blogger Ashley said...

"Now get back to your grading, bee-yotches."

It's like you're over my shoulder, watching me totally not grade.

Thursday, April 26, 2007 6:17:00 PM  
Blogger Kate said...

Ugh. Please don't make me grade. Please let me retreat to the bloglines.

Oh, and now that I teach writing I totally catch myself in these same ironies all the freaking time.

Thursday, April 26, 2007 8:30:00 PM  
Blogger Cup said...

So glad I'm not in the grading hell so many in my circle are experiencing ... but I don't get a spring or summer break, either.

Tuesday, May 01, 2007 12:12:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home