Saturday, September 20, 2008

Cement Boots in Quicksand

Somebody shoot me. Please. I've been writing my tenure letter for the past three hours, and I'm only on section three of six.
--Surely, Fluff, that indicates that you've been carefully crafting your prose, and that the sections you have written are lovely and a study in clarity!

--Why no, actually, it's just a vomit draft, thus far.

--Then obviously, Fluff, you have been consciously selecting the most important parts of your teaching, research, and service and describing the import of these for committee members who may not be conversant with the conventions in your discipline!

--Actually, I'm sort of winging it, writing my way into the relevance of any of the elements that I'm describing.

--Well, Fluff, if nothing else, there's precious little trouble you can get into when you're tied to your computer all day!

--Tell that to the empty candy wrappers that surround me.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Ashley said...

wrappers currently surrounding me and my review letter: 1 small bag potato chips; 2 "fun size!" reeses peanut butter cups; 1 Ritter milk chocolate with whole hazlenuts.

Because nuts are the good fat, yes?

Saturday, September 20, 2008 4:19:00 PM  
Blogger Frenchie Foo said...

Thank God for computers, though, right? Just imagine what those sticky chocolate fingers would do to that sheet of card stock so neatly removed from your Smith-Corona?

Saturday, September 20, 2008 11:37:00 PM  
Blogger Kate said...

Mmm, candy.

Wednesday, October 01, 2008 6:15:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home